VIS-À-VIS Video Submission Guidelines
The goal of the video is for our team to get to know you better, plain and simple! It’s for internal purposes only and will never be shared with potential matches.
Even if you’ve never recorded a video of yourself before, our step-by-step guide is easy and seamless to follow. Below you will find everything you need to know about how to prep, record, and send in your video submission.
Video length: Your video should be 5 to 10 minutes long
Editing: Your video doesn’t require any editing.
Don’t overthink it: You don’t need to worry about “messing up” or “saying the wrong thing” or “stumbling over your words”. Just keep going! We want to see the real you and we hope you can have some fun with this little project.
The steps are easy!
Record your video when you’re in a great mood and feeling relaxed! You want to give off the energy that you want to attract in a partner. Grab a glass of wine, or coffee or tea and get comfortable.
You can use your phone, laptop, or a regular camera to record, whatever you have available and are comfortable using. Make sure the room is well lit (natural light is great for this!) so we can see you bright and clear. Feel free to sit on a chair, couch, bed, or stand up, whatever feels best for you.
What to talk about
Scroll down for a list of questions you can choose from to answer in your video.
Send your video to us
You can send the video file to firstname.lastname@example.org via https://wetransfer.com/. You can also upload it to dropbox or YouTube and share the link with us.
Please title your video file: “VAV_Video_Application_FIRST NAME_LAST NAME”.
Voilà! Now we can get to work on finding you that special someone
Now that we know who you are and what you’re all about, our team of professional matchmakers will start their deep dive into our database of awesome singles to find amazing matches for you. Our goal is to introduce you to as many awesome people as possible. This is where the fun begins!
WHAT TO TALK ABOUT IN YOUR VIDEO
We know you’re looking for someone amazing, intelligent, funny, kind, and who absolutely blows you away, so there’s no need to spend time talking about what you’re looking for in your future partner. We want to get to know YOU.
Be as open as you can. Remember, the better we know the real you, the easier it will be for us to find you someone you’re compatible with. Here are some things we would LOVE to know about you. Pick whatever you’d like to talk about and keep the 5 to 10 minute time frame in mind.
QUESTIONS TO ANSWER IN YOUR VIDEO
Keep your answers short and answer as many questions as possible! Remember, this is a safe space.
1. Envision yourself on the couch with your future partner, the night is all yours! What could you talk about till the sun comes up?
2. What is the one thing you love most about yourself?
3. What does being in a great relationship bring out in your personality? (If you haven't been one yet, what side of you do you think will shine through when you are in a great relationship?
4. What are your VALUES, what matters to you most in life?
5. What one thing are you dying to know about the other person when you're on a first date?
6. What is the one thing about yourself that you really want to work on?
7. What would you say is your biggest insecurity when it comes to relationships?
8. In all honesty, what baggage do feel you might be bringing into a relationship?
9. What's something that you wait a while before sharing with someone you're dating?
10. Anything about you that you feel we really need to know!!
Need additional help?
Shoot us an email at email@example.com with the subject line “Video submission Q” and we will be happy to help!