IS YOUR VENUE PERFECT FOR SPEED DATING?
Our venue partners are a second home to Dashing Date. Each space is selected with care and attention to detail. We look for the utmost in comfort, quality and ambiance in order to create a seamless dating experience for our guests. We don’t take the term “partner” lightly, we aim for long-term relationships with our venues, and a collaboration that is mutually beneficial.
Dashing Date is a well-established Canadian speed dating company, headquartered in Montreal, in its 8th year of business. We specialize in organizing high-quality, expertly curated dating experiences for single professionals who are serious about meeting someone. Our goal is to bring the human element back to the dating scene and there’s no better way to make this happen than by introducing singles to each other in a comfortable and safe venue. Getting the tone and atmosphere just right is key to a successful speed dating event and we want to work with venues and build partnerships with venue teams that believe in what Dashing Date is all about.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
THE IDEAL VENUE HAS…
- Privacy. A private room or sectioned off area for speed dating that is not in direct view of other patrons.
- Space! The speed dating area needs to be large enough for 24-30 people to move around comfortably.
- Small tables. Speed Dating works best when it’s two people per table. At least 12 small tables or high-tops are needed.
- A full-service bar and food menu (shareable bite-sized snacks like flatbreads or calamari are best).
- An ambiance conducive to “date-night” including dim lighting and lounge music that we can control.
Please note: We do not work with venues where a rental fee or minimum spend is required. Our partners provide the room or space for speed dating and benefit from drink sales, ad exposure and other valuable perks. More on this below.
EVENT TIMINGS & FLOW
- Our events generally take place on Wednesday and Thursday nights and occasionally on Saturdays.
- The space is required from 6:30PM to 10:30PM.
- An experienced Dashing Date event host is on the floor and facilitates the event from start to finish.
- The events start with a mingling period for introductions and cocktails, followed by the first portion of speed dating. A break is taken half way through to have snacks served and then the last portion of speed dating ensues.
- Our event host does a speech at the start and end of the event and rings a gong or bell between each speed date to signal the guests that it’s time to move.