MUST-READ BEFORE YOUR EVENT
Rules of engagement
Following the rules and understanding what’s required for your participation on Hopin, the virtual video platform, we use, will make for a smooth and seamless experience for all guests. Please take just 5 minutes to read through the information below.
1. ABOUT HOPIN + ACCESSING YOUR EVENT
- We are using a video conferencing platform called Hopin which allows you to attend the event directly from your internet browser (Chrome, Safari etc). There is no software to download.
- Please attend this event from a computer or laptop. While you can attend from your phone or tablet, it is not recommended as the Hopin platform is not yet optimized to support mobile devices. Dashing Date is not responsible for a poor event experience if you attend from your phone or tablet. The good news? An app will be released very soon and you will be able to attend from your phone or tablet in the near future.
- In order to attend the event, you will be prompted to create an account on Hopin. You can do so at the time your event is starting or in advance by clicking here. Hopin is a safe and secure platform and only your name and email address are required to create an account. Please note: the full name you use to create your Hopin account will be the name that appears for other speed daters. If you wish to keep your last name private during the event, that’s fine, but make sure your first name and last initial matches what you have registered with Dashing Date so we can identify you on our guest list.
- A link to attend the event will be provided via email in advance of the event. Please note: it’s possible the link will only arrive in your inbox a few hours before the event.
- The link provided to attend the event is PRIVATE. It is strictly forbidden to share the link with anyone.
- Once you are at the event, please stay for the duration of the event. Bouncing in and out for any reason disrupts the rotation of the speed dates. The same if you leave an event early.
- For information on a proper set-up for video calls, click here.
2. EVENT TIMINGS
- Arrive 5 mins early.
- If you are more than 10 minutes late, it’s possible you may not be admitted into the event if the event has already begun.
- If you are more than 15 minutes late, you will not be able to participate.
- If you are having any issues accessing the event, are running late or are unable to attend at the last minute, PLEASE email email@example.com or text (647) 696-7719.
- If you leave for more than 10 mins during the event, you will not be able to re-enter.
- Make sure your Profile Image is updated on your Dashing Date profile so guests from the event can identify you when they submit their match selection. You can check if your image is set by clicking here: www.dashingdate.com/edit-profile
- Have a paper and pen on hand so you can keep track of your date’s names and who you’re interested in seeing again.
- The last step of your event is to submit your match selection. An email will be waiting for you in your inbox before your event is over.
- You have 10 minutes to submit your match selection.
- Even if you don’t select any matches, please still complete the submission form. There is an option to select no one. This keeps us from having to email and/or text you to make sure you didn’t select anyone.
- If your matches are not received right after the event, our team will assume you didn’t select anyone.
- It’s important that you submit your match selection yourself but if you are having issues with the submission link or form, you can email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Those who do not stay for the full duration of the event will not be able to submit their match selecton.
4. IMPORTANT TIPS
- If you find yourself on a date with someone you truly don’t wish to see (someone you’ve dated before, matched with before etc), politely excuse yourself, turn off your video and audio and wait for the date to switch.
- If you recognize a name during the welcome speech of someone you truly don’t wish to see (someone you’ve dated before, matched with before etc), please do stay at the event. When it’s your turn to date them, follow the steps outlined above; politely excuse yourself, turn off your video and audio and wait for the date to switch.