OTTAWA- SWEATER WEATHER! Video Speed Dating
When temperatures start to drop, nothing feels better than bundling up in your favourite, coziest sweater! Join us for a relaxed evening of speed dating where you’ll enjoy a series of one-on-one video dates that will leave you feeling warm and fuzzy from head-to-toe.
Make the most of this digital experience with our curated recommendations:
The “Sweater Weather Instrumentals” Playlist on Spotify is the perfect complement to this event theme with it’s curated collection of warm and cozy acoustic instrumentals. Turn up the tunes before the event to get into the mood and then set the volume low while you speed date. Click here to access the playlist directly. Spotify app required.
Mulled Wine is a delectably flavourful wine cocktail served warm that is sure to heat up your insides no matter what the temperature is outside!
INGREDIENTS (makes 6 servings – adjust as needed)
- 1 (750-ml.) bottle red wine
- 1 orange, sliced into rounds, plus more for garnish
- Spices: 6 whole cloves, 3 cinnamon sticks, plus more for garnish, 3 star anise
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup brandy (optional)
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine all ingredients. Bring to a simmer not a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer gently over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm and garnish with more citrus slices and cinnamon sticks.
- Leftovers can be stored in the fridge in an air-tight container for up to 3 days
Mulled Wine history lesson: Also known as spiced wine, Mulled wine is an ancient drink, dating back to the 2nd century when the Romans took to warming up their wine to help them through the freezing winter months. As their empire grew throughout Europe, knowledge of mulled wine spread, making it a popular winter drink for centuries.
Throw on your favourite, coziest sweater, but keep it classy! Think ‘Sweater Weather’ meets ‘Date Night’.
You might be thinking… “I’m attending from home, so I don’t need to dress up.” but it’s just the opposite! Be comfortable and relaxed but remember this is still a dating event so make sure you look great!
People can tell when you’ve made an effort and, when it comes to dating, that’s important. Looking your best will always result in more and/or better matches. Remember, you never get a second chance to make a first impression.
What's Included In Your Ticket
- Video Speed Dating with pre-screened eligible singles
- All dates will be one-on-one (there is no “group” dating)
- Live Event Host to welcome you and guide you through the event, from start to finish
- Fast-Match Technology! Receive your matches soon after your event
- Live Conversation Starters provided while you speed date
- Easily connect via our private Zoom link
In order for you and everyone else to have a seamless digital dating experience, you must have the following:
- Secure internet connection
- Computer or phone with a camera
- Quiet and very well-lit room (one lamp won’t cut it!)
We also have a strict policy against poor etiquette of any kind, including leaving the event at any point once it’s started. By purchasing a ticket, you are committing to staying for the entire duration of the event and participating in each speed date, just like you would in person.
Life Stage & Age Group
Life Stage: Ready for Love
Age group: 30-42
Generally, in this Life Stage, you’ll meet other young professionals that are looking for a long term relationship, someone with whom they can explore life with! They are often open to marriage and/or starting a family for the first time. Based on our previous events, you can expect to meet women ages 28-40 and men ages 32-45 in this Life Stage.
Click here to learn more about our Life Stages.
About Zoom Video-Chat
Zoom is a secure online video communication platform that's easily accessible and a breeze to use. This event will take place on Zoom and dates will be ONE-ON-ONE (no group dating or chatting). Participating is as easy as the click of a button! Event attendees are provided with a unique link and password to access the event. We’re happy to help you get set up! For our full guide, click here.
Please log in
How long is the event?
You can expect the event to last anywhere from 90 mins to two hours. The actual duration will depend on the final number of guests, the more the dates you have, the longer the event will be. To be safe, we suggest making yourself available for two hours following the start time of your event.
How many people will I meet?
You can expect to meet 5 to 10 pre-screened guests of the opposite sex.
How strict are the age groups?
Still have a question?
We’re happy to help! Visit our FAQ or reach a member of our team using the form below: